Sunday, May 25, 2008

For Love's Sake

I ask a shower head, “what the fuck?” but he doesn’t answer and only proceeds to get out a pair of scissors and cut down peaches from the ceiling. Fortunately I already stacked the furniture into a pile on one wall where I climb up and try to push the ceiling higher so he can’t keep ignoring me this way. The tiles crack and crumble over my head in perfect yellow shards that get under my shirt and make me itch and bleed. Finally he answer me, “what kind of a relationship did you want?” I tap my face with freshly cut peaches while I think about it: “what sort of love could a boy give his shower head?” And get this, he’s all like, “lets not talk of love or chains and things we can’t untie.” Then I hit the shiny red Leonard Cohen button. “You lose! That wasn’t a question.” Hahahahahahahaha ha hahaha ha hahah aha h ahahah ahahahah hahahah ah ha ha ha ha hahahahaha hahaahahahah haah hahaha hahahaha haha haha ahah ahah....
Outside in the rain a woman’s voice screams in orgasmic delight, “oh my god white T-shirts!”
Hahhahahahah hahahaha ha hah ha hahahah ahahah ahahah ahaha haha hahahaha ha ahhah hahah ahh hahah ha ha hahahah hahahah... so I get tired of this bathroom and decide to grow wings and fly out the door where the 8x8x8ft lead cube is waiting for me. “Hey, that’s no way to say goodbye.” I get out my crossbow and shoot everyone in the peach, pulpy juice splattering the walls all about. Then cubey boy and I stare at each other, still afraid of malnutrition until I take a step towards him, hear gravel crunch under my feet and the both of us finding ourselves in the driveway getting soaked with rainwater. I’m still holding up my crossbow. I let it down and hang my head, trying to love, but just sticking a fist through my chest where my heart should be. “That’s the least of your problems isn’t it?” I try to respond, to tell him that maybe he missed something, that maybe that is the thrust of the issue, but my face is completely covered in peanut butter and I can’t even breathe let alone open my mouth to talk. I’m too lazy to try to get it off, so I fall over and die.

No comments: