Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Where I Was Born

Here's an introduction that isn't much of an introduction. I was born on planet Earth. It's a rather beautiful planet from the surface, rather glorious save for the self-titled "intelligent" mammals who dominate. I reside in a region known in our vulgar tongue as Berkeley, California. It is an interesting city full of "weirdos." The homosapiens are self important; they often miss the glory of life on planet Earth. If you are as stuck to the surface of the planet as most homosapiens tend to be it's easy to believe, in light of the skyscrapers, roads, and motor vehicles, that we are indeed in control of things here-- especially if you happen to be in one of the more metropolised regions. Still, there is more Earth here than homosapiens or homosapien influence. My nervous system has lead me to believe that we are going to be living in a drastically different world in a matter of five years-- perhaps even as few as 2-3. The rate at which the homosapiens are changing and developing their technologies is increasing more and more-- due, it seems, to the doubling effect of technology and information itself. The majority of homosapiens barely comprehend the world of yesterday, while those of us actively attempting to forecast the world of tomorrow are often disconcerted at the extent of our ignorance, both fearful and excited by the potential of this species and the planet on which we reside.
One last point for now. Having been born on planet Earth I lay fair claim to it alongside the other 6.6 billion of my species, as well as absolute existential freedom-- that is, the freedom to define myself and to live my life as I see fit. Unfortunately, there are a number of ever-looming institutions and "powerful" homosapiens who would like to limit my freedom, define me with their own words and distinctions, and attempt to lay claim to the planet to the exclusion of the majority. It is my major goal to find more and more ways to bypass these ignorant homosapiens and lie in wait until their unfortunate institutions crumble as we know it. It is my personal belief that this will happen in my lifetime. Given the rate at which the world is changing, the individual seems to be becoming more empowered, and the world more and more complex to the point that these self-righteous homosapiens will be unable to comprehend it well enough to maintain control.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jay,

the last part of this post i thought was really strong.

some thoughts: if the powerful cease to comprehend to the point of destroying their own powerbase, what do we, the little people, do once they are gone? do you have a plan for the safety of yourself and loved one(s)? if not, why not?

second, what is the end goal for the use of your eventual freedom? what are you/we trying to build?

i'm curious.
~Alan